Start a new topic

Known Issues in Todo 7 and Todo Cloud 7

Update (Friday, October 4, 2013): The Todo & Todo Cloud 7.0.1 updates are approved and available on the App Store.

Download Todo 7.0.1

Download Todo Cloud 7.0.1

Check out our blog to see everything that will be included: http://blog.appigo.com/2013/09/whats-coming-in-todo-701-and-todo-cl...

----

If you find something you didn't expect, please let us know here. We're preparing a quick update release and want to make sure the app works well for you.

Issue: There is no way to get back to the original default wallpaper that shipped with the app for the background of the lists screen.
Workaround: Here's a link to the original photo used for the default wallpaper: Todo Default Wallpaper Photo. Download this photo to your iOS device by tapping on the photo link, then, when the image loads, tap and hold until you see the option to "Save Image". It will save to your iOS camera roll and you'll then be able to choose this as the Todo app wallpaper.
Status: If this is a common enough problem, we can add a "Default" option. Please leave your feedback if this is important to you.

The following previous issues were fixed in the 7.0.1 update:

1. After upgrading your device to iOS 7 and installing an upgraded version of Todo, your device may not have automatically synchronized (app now prompts for sync password)
  2. Last-viewed list was not being opened if you terminated the app and re-launched it
  3. Todo 7 would erroneously prompt to connect with Todo Cloud when using the quick menu (tap and holding a task) to move a subtask from one project to another
  4. The delete option was missing from the quick menu (tap and holding a task). It's there now and available during multi-edit mode so you can delete many tasks all at once.
  5. Using member, context, and tag filters were a bit inconvenient because the toolbar would not stay opened after filtering and switching to a different screen. The toolbar is now "sticky" and will remain in the state you leave it.
  6. The app could crash if you prevented access to Contacts. This is fixed.
  7. Could not enter a phone number directly without tying it to a contact with the "Add task action..." You can now add a phone number without also adding a contact.
  8. For a detailed list of fixes in v7.0.1, check our blog post: http://blog.appigo.com/2013/09/whats-coming-in-todo-701-and-todo-cloud.html

I appreciate the quick response and addressing the concern. ToDo 7 is great, look forward to future improvements!
Hi, Having a "default" option for the wallpaper is important to me. I changed the wallpaper and had to go through the help files, solution articles and finally this forum just to find a way to reset it. And having to download the image and assign it as a new wallpaper isn't the most straightforward way to do it :)
I just added todo cloud 7 to phone, ipad @ imac. Setup syncing and siri no prob. Also purchased 1.99 mo. via in app purchase. Have had all types but this may finally be what i have been hoping for. Any reason to purchase todo 7. (4.99) looks to be syncing mostly which is working fine. Am i missing anything major? Thanks folks!
Lonnie, now that you have the Todo Cloud premium subscription, there's no reason to buy the Todo 7 app. You've already got everything you need. This is the main benefit of having the subscription--all the client apps are free downloads. :)
ISSUE (iOS App, 7.0.3): When using the Quick Menu to Move Tasks into a Project opens the list of Projects to choose from and then that's it the app is stuck in that screen. It doesn't then return to the previous screen. One must exit app, force close the app and then relaunch the app to use the app again.

Are you folks aware of this? If I leave Todo7 open all day (say on the focus screen), the tasks that are overdue do not turn red to tell me they are over-due. In other words, it's 6:19pm, my focus screen is open (and may have been open for hours), I have 3 tasks that were due at 6pm, yet not one of them turned overdue red, that is, until I backed out of the focus screen and went back into the focus screen. 

Doug,

Was this on an iOS device or using Todo Cloud Web on your computer's web browser?

iPhone running ios7

Doug,

Did you have alert set for any of the tasks?

Yes, repeat alerts

Bug report: when set to sort by Due Date and then Priority, tasks with the same priority are sorted as follows:

Overdue

No start date Due yesterday, and Start yesterday Due yesterday (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Today

Start yesterday Due today, and Start today Due today, and No start date Due today (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Start yesterday Due tomorrow, and Start today Due tomorrow (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Start yesterday No due date, and Start today No due date (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Tomorrow

Start tomorrow Due tomorrow, and No start date Due tomorrow (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Start tomorrow No due date

No Due Date

No start date No due date

I believe this should be the correct sort order:

Overdue

No start date Due yesterday, and Start yesterday Due yesterday (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Today

Start yesterday Due today, and Start today Due today, and No start date Due today (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Tomorrow

Start yesterday Due tomorrow, and Start today Due tomorrow, and No start date Due tomorrow (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Start tomorrow Due tomorrow

No Due Date

Start yesterday No due date, and Start today No due date, and No start date No due date (equivalent, sorted by name at that point)

Start tomorrow No due date

I think all these tasks' configurations are things a normal user can be expected to have in their to do list (no "start tomorrow, due yesterday" for example).  And I think a user who uses the Start Date function, and sorts first by Due Date would expect the tasks to sort as above, first by actual Due Date, and then by Start Date (treating no Start Date, and a Start Date of today or earlier as equivalent).

Thank you.

Location services (geomapping) only works for me when the app is open in the background. It should work when the app is closed as well. This was an issue for other apps in the past, like find my friends, a year ago, and was corrected shortly thereafter with a new release. If this app, To Do Cloud, is having the same issue, it should be something that's easily fixable. Please advise. Also, I have activated To Do Cloud to be in my notifications and on the lock screen, but it is not appearing in either. Please advise.
Login to post a comment