Start a new topic
Answered

Purging completed tasks

Sorry if this is a bit of stupid question, but is there an option to have completed tasks purged after a certain length of time. I know there is an option to have them hide, but what about getting them removed completely? 

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments :) 

Best Answer
With Todo Cloud there is not a way to purge completed tasks.

If you are using Todo 7 or Todo 6 you can purge completed tasks from your device by selecting a duration for completed task in the synchronization settings.

-Open Todo
-Open Settings
-Tap "Synchronization"
-Tap "Completed Tasks"

-Set your duration

1 person has this question

David,

This is an issue that we're aware of and it is on our roadmap to fix. There are some ways to customize whether or not completed tasks are viewed (and for how long) within specific Smart Lists (accessed from the Smart Lists settings screen), but we are working to make this better for our users.

Appreciate your feedback and patience as we work through this.

Best regards,

Kevin Wunder

Director of Marketing | Appigo

1 person likes this
I agree with @David Kellogg
I'm sorry but why is this the case? It should be a simple thing to make completed tasks purged or SG least invisible. For those of us who track tasks that repeat every day, this is an insane clutter.

So, if I get @Jeff Hammond right, with Todo for Mac (? or any other Sync-Method?) this could be done, similar to synching Calendar via iTunes? (I can't find the described Setting, as I'm not synching anyway).

But why should I have to buy the Mac version (14,99 €) just for getting rid of old tasks?

And I refuse to put anything into any cloud!

So I agree with @David Kellogg.

@Kevin Wunder: it's not about hiding/not viewing old tasks, this I already have in my focus-list, but in all other lists they are still visible – and in "all tasks" (? in German it's called "Alle Aufgaben") they are slowing down performance drastically. Also the App's memory is ever growing.

@Keno Butler: so, after three months, how about your timeline now? And what about Todo 8?

Do you have a timeline for this fix? This is the only thing that ToDo can do that ToDo Cloud cannot. In general, the cool premium app should have more functionality, not less.

David, 

At the moment we're not able to state a timeline but this is actively being looked into as we work to improve the overall experience of the Todo Cloud apps and Platform. 

Answer
With Todo Cloud there is not a way to purge completed tasks.

If you are using Todo 7 or Todo 6 you can purge completed tasks from your device by selecting a duration for completed task in the synchronization settings.

-Open Todo
-Open Settings
-Tap "Synchronization"
-Tap "Completed Tasks"

-Set your duration

Login to post a comment