Start a new topic

[All] Retain Links to Evernote Notes

I would like to see pasted (attached) Evernote note links retained by Todo.

In Evernote one can "Copy Note Link" which can be pasted into other applications, in this case a Todo Task (note section), but that link is lost to Todo once the Task is closed and/or when synced with Todo iOS.  I would like to see these links recognized and retained within Todo (OSX) and synced with Todo (iOS).

68 people like this idea

Note that pasting a "Classic" Evernote Link into a ToDo Task URL Task Action in the OSX version now seems to link to the correct Evernote note.  

I see the calendar app Sunrise now displays any Evernote with a reminder date and allows that note to be accessed. Also, Pocket Informant integrates with Evernote, but it's Pocket Informant--a good example of going overboard.
+1 would love this integration. RTM has a really good implementation but then, it's RTM.

I agree with this request although I prefer a full integration. I have used this with other apps that aren't as good as this one. It would take Todo over the top for me. 

+1 for full Evernote integration on the iPad version.

would love this

Further, improved Evernote linking (retention of initial note address paste into a task's note) also provides a work-around allowing the attachment of files to tasks as many file types can be embedded into Evernote notes.

Please add clickable note links for Android and Web.  You clearly understand the code necessary.  I can supply it for the web myself.

They work in the Mac version the same as iOS

Note links work in iOS (Thanks Lindsay). unfortunately, no luck in web or Android versions.  Can someone check the Mac version?

Agreed with the others. Would love the Evernote integration; linking task to specific Evernote notes.
Lindsay, yes I have also using that method until the previous iOS update and links in task notes was lost, but I see that has now been fixed. It is a bit of a work-around though which is why I would like to see the original Evernote link remain active (in the task note or some other means such as a dedicated task action).

I also would like to see Evernote integration, it would make a great product tops. 

At the moment it is possible to add an active Evernote link to a task, by a round about route - paste into the note the actual link rather than the Title and link as produced by desktop Evernote. I achieve this at the moment by pasting the Evernote output from "Copy Note Link" into the task Note, right click and select "Edit Link" and then copy and paste the actual link of the form evernote:///view.... into the note and add a cr. I leave the original paste, which will just become text when the task is closed, since it gives me the Evernote note title.

I would like to see active hyperlinks in the app that could be clicked to open a document on my local hard drive or an internet address as well as to Evernote.  I think this is the same concept.

Another vote for full Evernote integration.

Login to post a comment