Start a new topic
Answered

Facelift for Android

The iOS iPad and iPhone To Do Cloud is excellent. The layout is slick and ties nicely to the new iOS 7 feel. I still use my iPad but have converted over to the new HTC One M8 and the transition has been painless, the Cloud works well and has captured all of my data. However, it just looks dated compared with the slick new iOS 7, any plans for a facelift? Similar question to the Mac facelift I think you have a real opportunity in the Android market Other apps such as 2Do and Wunderlist look much better on Android, as opposed to iOS where Todo is the king.

Best Answer

Hi Todo Cloud enthusiasts we had some obstacles however our dev team is well underway with the Android App. 

See attached. These are actual screens and not mockup images. 

App%20review-2.png

4 people have this question

Appigo have confirmed that the Android version will get a facelift once the Mac version is modernised. Though no time scales have been give yet.

One of the reason I use todo is because it lets me move between android, mac and iOS with my lists. Its a huge advantage Appigo has compared to its major competitors such as Omnifocus and Things. I really hope you don't let the android app lag for too long.

Please update the app for android. It looks very outdated but works nicely! I really love this app but wish it looked and had the same features as the apple version.

I'm deeply concerned that the Android app hasn't been updated since Sep 2013. Indeed, the reviews on Google Play suggest there is little interest from Appigo to maintain the Android app.

I've been forced to use other tools because of this.

Can we at least know if the refresh will happen this year (2015)?

An update for Android is on our road map for 2015.

Jeff, trumpet that one loudly when it happens.  There's lots of us, I think, waiting on that.

2 people like this

2015 is over.  Any news on the update for Android?

I agree with others, Todo Cloud iOS is MUCH better than Todo Cloud Android. Tons of nice productivity features are missing. I'm always willing to pay for a good app, but for now, I'm a bit disappointed, especially since Appigo have such an amazing app on iOS. The tap and hold with the popup for the due date (Today, Tomorrow, Next week, etc.) is so useful on iOS. The calendar where I can see how many tasks are due on a certain day is also very useful when I want to reschedule a task. I also found it very useful to see the number of tasks and number of overdue tasks on the main screen. Finally, the priority bars sometimes don't show up on Android. 

Hi Ron & Eric, 

An update version of Todo Cloud for android is actively being developed. While we're not able specify a time frame we're positive that it should be completed within a few months. The update will bring an updated UI along with additional features and bug fixes. 

Thanks for your interest. Have a wonderful day. 

1 person likes this

I hope we are close to a release now, because the Android app really need some love to be as good as the iOS version.

I hope we are close to a release. The Android version really need some love to be as good as the ios version.

Answer

Hi Todo Cloud enthusiasts we had some obstacles however our dev team is well underway with the Android App. 

See attached. These are actual screens and not mockup images. 

App%20review-2.png

3 people like this

Awesome! Looking forward to it. 

Login to post a comment