Start a new topic
Answered

Chrome Bookmarklet

I hope this helps others - 

I just created this Chrome Bookmarklet.   It creates a chrome button that - when you click it  - it will: 

- open Gmail

- start a new message (to your ToDo Cloud Email Address in your Welcome message)

- You simply type a task in the SUBJECT line and click SEND

And voila - you have emailed yourself a new task that then gets added to your ToDo Cloud.

The code could use simplification; I'm a hacker, not a coder.  But it works.  Just drag this link to your Chrome bookmark bar and then edit the javascript to include your specific ToDo Cloud email address.

Maybe others can comment with simpler / better code.

Enjoy,

Maya

GmailMeATask 

Best Answer

Sure.  this time I'll use the code-snippet block - it still works for me like a charm:

javascript:(function(){var w=window,d=document,gS='getSelection';var s=(''+(w[gS]?w[gS]():d[gS]?d[gS]():d.selection.createRange().text)).replace(/(^\s+|\s+$)/g,'');m='http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=yourTDCemail@newtask.todo-cloud.com&su=EnterNewTaskHere&body='+encodeURIComponent('Enter New Task in SUBJECT line.');w=window.open(m,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=575,height=545,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();}, 250);})();

Hi Maya - it doesn't open for me! Can you please re-attach or paste the full link?

Thanks!

Best,
Jourdan

Answer

Sure.  this time I'll use the code-snippet block - it still works for me like a charm:

javascript:(function(){var w=window,d=document,gS='getSelection';var s=(''+(w[gS]?w[gS]():d[gS]?d[gS]():d.selection.createRange().text)).replace(/(^\s+|\s+$)/g,'');m='http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=yourTDCemail@newtask.todo-cloud.com&su=EnterNewTaskHere&body='+encodeURIComponent('Enter New Task in SUBJECT line.');w=window.open(m,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=575,height=545,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();}, 250);})();

Login to post a comment