Start a new topic
Answered

Contexts not showing up in shared tasks

I'm testing ToDo cloud premium for sharing task lists with one other user, and it seems to be working well, except for one thing:  When either of us create a task in a shared list, the CONTEXT doesn't appear on the other person's list -- it only appears in the task on the list of the person who created it.  This means the other person would have to go through and re-enter a context for each item in the shared list that was entered on the other person's account.  That would make the program not very useful for us.  It seems like this has to be an error of some kind, or maybe we're missing something -- is there a way for *all* of the information entered in each task to be shared.  In our case, all other information seems to remain on the task just fine, it's only the context's missing.  We both have the trial premium accounts, and we both have identical context lists in our ToDo accounts, so they should synch up, no? Any suggestions?  This happens regardless of which system we're working with (we've tried it with the web version, the iOS version, and the mac desktop version, and this is happening with all of them).  Thanks.

Best Answer
David,

Context are not shared because context generally are linked to a location. If you were to add a context of home this would be a differently location for you than for the person you are sharing the task with. For this reason contexts are not shared. Tags are shared with tasks and you may add as many tags as you would like to any task.

Answer
David,

Context are not shared because context generally are linked to a location. If you were to add a context of home this would be a differently location for you than for the person you are sharing the task with. For this reason contexts are not shared. Tags are shared with tasks and you may add as many tags as you would like to any task.

I don't like this feature because if I create a task on my iPad when I'm out and about, then there is no context for it on my iPhone or office computer. I guess I have to sit at the computer and re-enter all my contexts which is a pain. I have ToDo premium on the cloud. I understand that if different people share lists, contexts may be a personal thing. I would suggest that there be an option is settings whether or not to sync contexts through the cloud. 

Login to post a comment