Start a new topic

Allow dependencies

It would be helpful to allow dependencies on tasks.

For example, you might have project "build wooden thing"

Task 1 would be "measure area"

Task 2 would be "buy wood"

Task 3 would be "cut wood"

Task 4 would be "nail wood together"

This is a very linear project, and to have all show up in your focus list could be overwhelming, if you have a number of other projects going on.

If you can create dependencies (for example, don't start Task 2 until Task 1 is completed) that would help clean things up.

Might be moving to far to the realm of full blown project management software, but for me, I'd love it

17 people like this idea

+1

I posted a similar request: Blocking items 

This is what I came here to suggest, I would love this feature!

The implementation could be something like a checkbox labeled "Link tasks of this project" in the project info screen (where you set the due date, context etc). When task 1 is completed on day X, the start date of task 2 could be automatically set to the same day.

Another example, although this thread is 2 years old, with no feedback from Appigo, so....

I need to do task A on Monday, and can't do task B until A is complete (let's say the day after - maybe paint has to dry, for example). However, something comes up on Monday, and my commitments for the rest of the week mean that I have to push task A back by a week. If task B automatically moves back when I edit task A, it saves me the job of updating both tasks.

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding dependencies, this has been a topic we've discuss in the past and we'll continue to review this possibility further. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Best, 

Keno

Dependencies are pretty important to how my team works tasks. Is there a road map or something where we can see if ideas are accepted into releases?

Dependencies imply another visualization: Gantt Chart! Really missing it!

Yes, please please please add dependencies!

Login to post a comment