Start a new topic

Todo Cloud Start Date NOT Reoccuring

I love todo cloud and even paid for the subscription. I did notice that when I completed a (every 30 days) reoccurring project that had a start date of 08/19 and due date of 09/19, the new reoccurring task had a start date of 08/19 and due date of 10/19. Maybe it is just me but when you complete a a reoccurring task wouldn't it make sense for the start date to reset just like the due date. Logically I would think that once completed, the reoccurring task should have a start date of 09/19 and due date of 10/19 since the dates on the task should reoccur every 30 days. 

I had to change the start dates of all of my task when it reoccurred, which I find to be an inconvenience. 

Could this be changed or is there a work around for this that I am not aware of? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :) 

6 people like this idea

I've noticed the same and this is happening in the web only. There is no such issue in the Android app. If you complete a repeating tasks with a start date - it is also moved to the future, together with the due date,. Please fix this - it's really annoying to have to change the start date manually.

I've noticed the same, this is happening in the web only. There is no such issue in the Android app. If you complete a repeating tasks with a start date - it is also moved to the future, together with the due date,

This bug is still in production for the web app as of 8/28/2015. When a task with start date, due date, and repeat cycle is marked as complete, the start date is reset to "today" but not appropriately calculated (e.g., maintain fixed # of days prior to due date). The behavior on IOS is correct, the bug is only on the web version. Please fix!

I'm actually noticing that repeating tasks with no start date are having them populated. But for me, that's not what I want. If I have a Start Date of None and I complete the repeat task I would rather see it stay as None for each subsequent task

I've noticed the same thing with my repeating tasks. It's really frustrating for me as I do not need it to suddenly populate a start date since I have not been using those to begin with. Now it throws off my task sorting unless I manually undo the start date each time I complete a repeated task...

Login to post a comment