Start a new topic

Todo Mac broken iCloud on Yosemite?

Just tried to sync via iCloud on Yosemite and it says my version of OS X does not support iCloud...  Um... yes it does.  Seems like a simple plist edit probably but should have an update to fix this and very soon!

8 people have this question

Does anyone know where the data is stored on a desktop in Yosemite? When I tried to get the sync working, it erased a year's worth of todos on my desktop! I have a time Machine but need help figuring out what file to retrieve and where to find it (maybe in the Library?)

Thanks for the Mac version update. I finally updated my computer to Yosemite, and the Todo update, signed up for iCloud Drive, and the syncing is working. whew.
The latest update of Todo for Mac should allow you to sync using iCloud or iCloud drive. If you are using iCloud make sure you have documents and data enabled.

do I have to upgrade to iCloud drive in order for this to work? When I choose I cloud, it says I have to enable it in my Settings but I have iCloud enabled already

Seven days and it still seems to be stable. No crashes on my Mac and sync is working between all my devices as you would expect. It's also fast too.

It took a while... but well done guys.

Just saw the Mac OS version update and downloaded.  Its seems back to synching fine.  Thx

At last! An update from Apple. I've updated my Mac version, switched over to iCloud and tested - seems stable and to be working. Switched my iPad and iPhone over too and tested again - still stable on the Mac, so far, and also synchronisation seems to be working normally.

Looking good....

Woop Woop!  Just downloaded 3.0.4 and all is well.   :)   

John,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you and many others are experiencing. We are working with Apple at this time to try and get this resolved as soon as we can.

Didn't spot that it was Todo Cloud - my mistake. That's very bad news regarding the update. I've had to resort to Dropbox sync to get any use out of Todo across my devices, and that seems to be causing Todo for Mac to crash even more. At the moment I'm getting a half-dozen crashes a day.... 

John,
The 3.0.3 is currently only for Todo Cloud. Todo Cloud is not able to sync with iCloud. Apple reject the update we submitted that would fix the iCloud sync issue. We are currently in contact with Apple to try and get this resolved and get the update out.

Strange - just checked iTunes and it tells me that version 3.0.3 is available, since December 8. I have 3.0.2.16869 but App Store doesn't show me that an update is available?

What gives? Is there a problem with the new version - upgrade path broken? Should I just delete the old version on my machine and download the new one?

We checked on the status of the app today and it's status is still waiting to be reviewed.
Jay we have had that same experience in the past but we believe the Thanksgiving holiday may have put Apple a little behind.

Jeff, you mentioned the app was submitted 9 days ago.  Is there any update on this?  I'm a developer as well and the longest an approval/publish has taken to the App Store is 7 days.  It has been extremely frustrating to have a broken Mac Todo app I paid for, which will not sync with iCloud, rendering it useless.  Please keep the Todo community updated.

Note: As a developer, you can contact Apple and have them prioritize an app to get pushed through faster.

I got an iOS update but no Mac update...  What gives?  This is getting really old...

Login to post a comment