Start a new topic

iOS 8 Today Widget - Customize Content

I love the appearance of the iOS 8 Today Widget, but I don't see anywhere where we can customize the contents of what tasks show up in the widget.

For my own personal process, I would like for it to show only Starred Tasks, but I think other would probably chose differently.

Enhancement Request
A user should be able to select one of the following to display in the iOS 8 Today Widget:
  • Focus List
  • Starred Tasks
  • Due Today & Overdue Tasks

11 people like this idea

Yes. Very important. I can't even figure out why the tasks listed are chosen.

The tasks listed in the widget are the first five tasks matching what you have set for your badge count. Generally this is set to overdue/due today.

For me, It would be  better to be the first tasks in the focus list, sorted as I sort it.

Yeah, I frequently have a ton of overdue tasks, so this is kind of useless for me since it shows old stuff. I want to be able to see what is truly due TODAY, not Today & Overdue.

* Yes, I realize by having tons of overdue tasks I'm probably doing it wrong. But it works for me.

Agreed, the functionality is very limited for tasks that do not have due dates. I personally do not like to add very many due dates to my tasks so I would prefer the ability to choose a specific list (and preferably a personalized list) for the widget. Once I picked a list, I would like all the tasks in the list to show up, regardless of due date. Currently, even if I have something starred, I can't get it to show up in the widget without a due date. I don't like that the widget is limited by one criteria when Todo is so great at giving people options.

Login to post a comment