Start a new topic
Answered

ToDo updates while I’m typing

I’m using the latest version of ToDo on an iPhone 6 with iOS version 11.0.3. When I edit a task, the app keeps trying to update/sync with the server while I’m typing. This makes it difficult to finish editing the task. It’s like having an annoying brother push your arm while you’re trying to do your homework every time you start to write a word, he pushes your arm. You tell him to stop but he just mimics you “staaahhp” So annoying.

Best Answer
Hi everyone, we're sorry for the troubles you may be experiencing, this seems to be happening if a task is not getting synced correctly. If you look through the diagnostic log you may see the task being logged repeatedly if so, go ahead and delete that task and have it re-created and test if the issue persists. Also, you can send your diagnostic report in to us so we can take a look, you can mail it to use by doing the following in the app: 

- Opening Todo Cloud
- Tap your name in the top left (to enter the app's settings screen)
- Select Diagnostics
- Scroll to the end of the screen
- Select Email Diagnostic Report
- Select Include tasks to send a copy of your tasks database, or choose DO NOT Include Tasks
- Select Email
- Select Send

2 people have this question

We're sorry for the inconveniences, could you kindly verify if the data on todo-cloud.com is current and correct, once it is kindly have the app uninstalled and reinstalled on your device and test if the issue persists. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

mine is doing this, too.   Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't help

Answer
Hi everyone, we're sorry for the troubles you may be experiencing, this seems to be happening if a task is not getting synced correctly. If you look through the diagnostic log you may see the task being logged repeatedly if so, go ahead and delete that task and have it re-created and test if the issue persists. Also, you can send your diagnostic report in to us so we can take a look, you can mail it to use by doing the following in the app: 

- Opening Todo Cloud
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Include tasks to send a copy of your tasks database, or choose DO NOT Include Tasks
- Select Email
- Select Send
Mine also is doing this and has been for awhile.

I also have this problem with the update/sync popup box - and yes, it can be very annoying.  Is it possible to make this feature manual rather than automatic?  I would think that would solve the problem.

Thank you!

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

We're sorry for the inconveniences, could you kindly send us your diagnostic report from Todo Cloud, you can do this by: 

- Opening Todo Cloud
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Email
- Select Send

Login to post a comment