Start a new topic
Answered

Copying a List

I have a project that has a list of tasks that are the pretty much the same, just their starting dates differ. Is there a way to copy the list or the tasks and just edit the dates to reflect the change? It seems like a capability that should be there?

Best Answer

Hi Steven,

I have a Personal List called Templates which is pretty much filtered out from the rest of the system. If I need some projects, tasks or checklists I duplicate them and move them to another 'working' list' thus keeping the template projects in tact and safely out of the way. 

This is Ryan's suggestion with a slight twist.

Regards,

Jeremy

Does this only work with Projects? I'm trying to do the same with a Checklist (create a new Checklist from an existing one) and the Quick Menu doesn't give me a Duplicate option. If I open the Checklist and select the items in the Checklist I can choose Next which takes me to a screen of options that includes Duplicate, but it just duplicates the selected items within the existing Checklist. It doesn't allow me to create a new Checklist from those items.

If it makes a difference I'm using version 8.2.8.

Answer

Hi Steven,

I have a Personal List called Templates which is pretty much filtered out from the rest of the system. If I need some projects, tasks or checklists I duplicate them and move them to another 'working' list' thus keeping the template projects in tact and safely out of the way. 

This is Ryan's suggestion with a slight twist.

Regards,

Jeremy

On the iOS app, tap and hold the project to bring up the Quick Menu. In the "Other" section of icons, there is a "Duplicate" action

Login to post a comment