Start a new topic
Answered

No option to make a checklist inside a secondary project on iPhone/iPad

When online (or with the previous Todo Pro on all devices) I could make a checklist within a project that is within a project.   Now that I have updated to Todo Cloud on my iPhone and iPad, it no longer gives me the option to create a checklist within a secondary project.  It still gives me the option to create a project within a project, but that is when it stops giving me the option to do anything but create a simple task.  I should be able to create one more level (a checklist), but I can can only do that online now.  Help?

Best Answer

Hi Nicole,

I've experimented with this and found that you can certainly make checklists within projects both on ios7 and the Mac.

Add a new task to one of your projects

Tap and hold the task until the quick menu appears.

Scroll down to the 'other' section and tap the checklist icon. Press DONE.

Your task has now become a checklist within your project.

You cannot however nest projects within projects and add a checklist.

The nesting is 

Your List > Your Project > your checklists.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jeremy

Answer

Hi Nicole,

I've experimented with this and found that you can certainly make checklists within projects both on ios7 and the Mac.

Add a new task to one of your projects

Tap and hold the task until the quick menu appears.

Scroll down to the 'other' section and tap the checklist icon. Press DONE.

Your task has now become a checklist within your project.

You cannot however nest projects within projects and add a checklist.

The nesting is 

Your List > Your Project > your checklists.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks so much!  I couldn't figure out how to bring the options list up on the new Todo Cloud.  That is what I was looking for.

Best,

Nicole

I tried this but 'Checklist' is greyed out ?
You have to make sure that the list you are working in is in project mode.  You could also have made the most levels that you are allowed.  Here is an example of the most levels you are allowed and what you have to assign each level as:

• Groceries (assigned as project)
    • Costco (assigned as project)
      • Produce (assigned as checklist)
        • broccoli

You couldn't double tap, or tap and hold, broccoli and create another checklist because it's at its limit. 

Does this help?

Nicole

Thanks for your answer but this doesnt seem to work for me. I'm trying the following: • Assets (List) • Car (Project) • Maintenance (Task) When I tap and hold on 'Maintenance' I notice 'Checklist' ( in 'Other') is greyed out...

You have got me stumped.  The only other thing I can think of is maybe you have the free version of ToDo and not the upgraded version.  With the free version you don't get 4 levels, but only 3.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Same problem here. Definitely paid version of Todo 7. List-->Project-->Checklist is not possible (greyed out "Checklist" when pressing and holding a task within the project). This is a bug, I reckon.
I think this only works with a subscription :(
In order to have a checklist in a project you must have a Todo Cloud premium subscription and be syncing with Todo Cloud.
Login to post a comment