Start a new topic
Answered

Google Calendar sync

Hi,

I am thinking about signing up for the Todo Cloud Pro service, but I wanted to know before I sign up: is there a way to sync the cloud service with Google Calendar, such as through an ical subscription feed or something similar?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

Best Answer
Erik,

Todo 7 will still sync with Toodledo so if you were able to use a third party application as a work around I recommend continuing to do that.

As stated in the other discussion from Boyd: "

Soon before we released Todo Cloud 7, we had a working prototype of calendar integration right in the app. It pulled all events from the iOS calendar and displayed them right inside Todo. However, the iOS 7 release was approaching very quickly and since this feature was not absolutely crucial (not that it's not important, but it's not Todo's primary focus), we decided to remove it because we didn't have enough time to polish it off and make it integrate really well. Basically, we're not ignoring calendar, we just didn't have the time to get it working like it should before the release.

My guess is that you're now wondering why haven't we now added it in already in an app update? We would love to move much faster. There are so many good things that could be tweaked in Todo to make it better. The reality though, is that, at the moment, it's just Calvin and me as developers ... and there are a few other things we really need to update before running wild with more and more features to the iOS app alone (both the Mac and Web interfaces on Todo & Todo Cloud desperately need updates, for example)....

We will likely cycle back to revisit the calendar integration again, but it will likely be after we've updated the other versions of the apps. Thanks for your patience. We couldn't do this without you!"

2 people have this question

Answer
Erik,

Todo 7 will still sync with Toodledo so if you were able to use a third party application as a work around I recommend continuing to do that.

As stated in the other discussion from Boyd: "

Soon before we released Todo Cloud 7, we had a working prototype of calendar integration right in the app. It pulled all events from the iOS calendar and displayed them right inside Todo. However, the iOS 7 release was approaching very quickly and since this feature was not absolutely crucial (not that it's not important, but it's not Todo's primary focus), we decided to remove it because we didn't have enough time to polish it off and make it integrate really well. Basically, we're not ignoring calendar, we just didn't have the time to get it working like it should before the release.

My guess is that you're now wondering why haven't we now added it in already in an app update? We would love to move much faster. There are so many good things that could be tweaked in Todo to make it better. The reality though, is that, at the moment, it's just Calvin and me as developers ... and there are a few other things we really need to update before running wild with more and more features to the iOS app alone (both the Mac and Web interfaces on Todo & Todo Cloud desperately need updates, for example)....

We will likely cycle back to revisit the calendar integration again, but it will likely be after we've updated the other versions of the apps. Thanks for your patience. We couldn't do this without you!"

Mike,

At this time Todo Cloud is not able to sync with Google Calendar. For more information on this please take a look at this post:

http://support.appigo.com/categories/66394/forums/263120/topics/38709?page=2

Ive looked at the post. I love todo and was pushing my team to adopt this week. Ive bee able to sync previously using a 3rd party sync like toodledo. I am on a todo 7 trial now and the lack of calendar integration is a complete deal breaker. I cant even believe the lack of the feature seems to be defended. Am I missing something? I hope I am am because I want to use your service. Ive had a great experience with support and recommended the product countless times. How can anyone expect someone to use a task based GTD app without a calendar that integrates with the rest of the world?