Start a new topic
Deferred

View Project Sub-Task

The way it's currently implemented, when I view the list of tasks I'm seeing a list of single tasks and the Projects but not the Project Sub-Tasks. When I'm looking at a set of tasks under a context, often I don't see the actual sub-task but I'm seeing the Project heading. In order to see the actual task I have to tap on the Project heading. This makes a quick scan of tasks impossible.

For instance, if I'm out on errands and filter with the Errands context, I might have 10 projects listed that I would need to tap one-at-a-time in order to get to the actual tasks at hand. I don't know what the solution would be, but the current arrangement is just not working.

I know some people create a separate List for Projects, I put all the current items on one list and use a Project context to view all the projects at once, but I don't think this makes a difference with the view of individual tasks.

As it is now, it appears that Projects and Tasks are placed on the same "level", with Project Sub-Tasks on a lower level: 

Projects    Tasks

Sub-Tasks

IMHO the Tasks and Sub-Tasks should be at the same level, with Projects at a level above:

Projects

Sub-Tasks    Tasks

1 person likes this idea

I'm not looking to view both project and sub-task at the same time, I'm looking for the choice to view one or the other. As it is now, I can only view the the project title. The critical factor is that I don't want to have to manually click each Project in order to reveal the Sub-Task. For the moment I moved all my project sub-tasks out of their Projects, and notate the Task as [Project Title] >> [Project Sub-Task]. That way I can quickly scan all the tasks within a context while still noting the connection to a project. This is a clunky workaround at best.
The problem with this approach on the iOS is the amount a screen real estate that is available. In Todo Cloud Web and Todo for Mac you are able to expand projects to see the subtask.