Start a new topic
Answered

"Error updating - local network sync not found" error

Just installed Appigo Sync for Windows today to sync my ToDo lists with Outlook (in the continued absence of a Windows 8 or Chrome app) and tried to run my first sync.

It seems to have started working - I have some tasks visible in Outlook - but then I got this "Error Updating - Local Network Sync not found" error message on my iPhone.  The only option on the iPhone is to press OK.

I have checked both the phone and PC and both are still connected to wi-fi via the same router, so it's not that.  I've looked for advice on these pages, but can only find a request about when this message should come up.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

OK, I kinda sorted this myself.  So if anyone else gets this error, here's one thing you can try that worked for me this time, and with a cry of "dur!"

So, if you get the "error updating - local network sync not found" message during a sync, try a "re-authorize".  Go into Appigo Sync on your desktop, choose the "devices" tab, select the device in question, and the action button will probably say "re-authorize".  Click that, and enter the new 4-figure code that your device gives you.

Answer

OK, I kinda sorted this myself.  So if anyone else gets this error, here's one thing you can try that worked for me this time, and with a cry of "dur!"

So, if you get the "error updating - local network sync not found" message during a sync, try a "re-authorize".  Go into Appigo Sync on your desktop, choose the "devices" tab, select the device in question, and the action button will probably say "re-authorize".  Click that, and enter the new 4-figure code that your device gives you.

Yup, tried this with no luck!

Everything else is in order.

Anybody having issues with sync to Outlook 2007 and Todo 8? 

Recently updated from Todo 6 to Todo 8 and tasks are not syncing.

Login to post a comment