Start a new topic

Todo Cloud is easily crash recently

Please kindly update the support for 10.11 asap! It's easily crash now!

4 people have this question

Gene, 

We're glad you're satisfied and that everything is working great. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback, have a great day. 

Happy DOING!

Thank you for the recent update. This version is much more stable. It has not crashed once since updating.
Thanks!!

Same behavior here. Closing the Window after adding a task does not sync (in my case to dropbox). I think closing after adding is normal usage of the app.

Well, we have our long awaited update, but I'm not convinced. It seems like it might be a temporary workaround rather than a proper solution. I was surviving prior to the update by having noticed that the crashing was usually when Todo was in the background. If I quit it each time after adding or completing a task, it worked okay. So now the update comes, and what I notice is that when you close the window, unlike the previous version, it now quits the app. You can no longer have it open in the background, unless you keep the window open. So, even if that was the only change, it would have got rid of most of the crashing. The problem with that is that now, if you add or complete a task on the Mac, and immediately close the window, it quits and therefore doesn't push the sync until the next time you open the app on the Mac. Not a great outcome!

I haven't seen an update either. Appigo was as slow (with the same kind of communication) after the introduction of Yosemite.

Started a trial period with "Things" yesterday. Looks fine.

Reentered all my tasks there and it was not as bad as I thought. 

Looking forward to see this message in the forum without any censorship.

I've been waiting for over four months now for this to be resolved. This is NOT the service I've come to expect from Appigo over the years. Attention to Appigo representatives: YOU SHOULD BE UPDATING US ON THIS ISSUE REGULARLY (i.e. at least every two weeks). Has this been submitted to Apple? If not, why not???? When can we expect a resolution to this issue. It's not like you didn't have advance warning of the El Capitan operating system.

Every time it crashes I hit the report to Apple button. Maybe they will get tired of getting the crash reports.
Last word I got was an email on Dec 17 which said:

"Unfortunately I'm unable to say when exactly the final release will be made available. Our developers have finished all major milestones and we're hoping to have the App submitted to Apple for approval before the week ends. "

I have not seen anything else. Does someone have an update? I am seriously looking for a replacement now. BTW there is NO way to export things so I have to start over from scratch.

This has been going on for too long. Please get this issue resolved and keep us posted with regular updates on progress (last update we got from Appigo was over a month ago). I'm syncing via ToDo Cloud for which I pay an annual subscription! That has been useless to me for two months since I upgraded to ElCapitan. If this is going to go on much longer, Appigo needs to start issuing pro-rated refunds for the subscription time that is useless to us.

Hey folks at Appigo,

Cmon guys/girls - the thread on the crashing problem with OSX Mavericks is months old and you have comments dating back 2 months that you're working on it and comments regarding your Beta fix and its' issues with sync that go back a month.

This is a paid service and it's time to put the right amount of focus on fixing core functionality so that we users can use the software the way it is designed (assuming that the crashing issue is not a intended feature set).

Same issue here... quite frustrating... crashes virtually overtime I open on the desktop.  MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", 2015) running OS X El Capitan.  

Please resolve.  

Same problem. Think I'll hold off on trying the beta based upon user comments thus far.

1 person likes this
Same issue here.

Any idea when it will be released? I tried the beta, but it has issues with tags that make it non very usable to me.

Any news about when this will be released? It's a great app, but on mac it's unusable, and the beta I used had some issues with tags that made it useless to me.

Login to post a comment