Windows Desktop app captures ESC key globally

Posted over 3 years ago by James Garrison

Post a topic
Answered
J
James Garrison

After two weeks tracking down what I thought was a bad keyboard, I finally determined that the Windows desktop Todo app is capturing ESC keystrokes globally, even when the app does not have keyboard focus.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909, 10.0.18363

Todo desktop app version 10.5.11

After the desktop Todo app is launched, ESC keystrokes stop working in all other programs.  Closing the app does not close the background processes (why are there 8 Todo background processes?) and the only way to restore ESC functionality is to manually find and kill the process group leader.  I.e. there are Todo background processes that just restart when killed.  You have to find the right one and kill it.

Anybody else seeing this?

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted over 3 years ago Admin Best Answer

Hi James, 

Thanks for reaching out.

We've received similar reports and will get this fixed in the next app update; version 10.5.12. This update is expected to be ready for a December 23rd release date. We're very sorry for the inconveniences that this has caused and we'll do our best to make sure this is solved and does not resurface. 

Keno

Customer Success Manager

Appigo

0 Votes

1 Comments

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted over 3 years ago Admin Answer

Hi James, 

Thanks for reaching out.

We've received similar reports and will get this fixed in the next app update; version 10.5.12. This update is expected to be ready for a December 23rd release date. We're very sorry for the inconveniences that this has caused and we'll do our best to make sure this is solved and does not resurface. 

Keno

Customer Success Manager

Appigo

0 Votes

Login to post a comment