Glitch in iOS App

Posted over 3 years ago by Aaron Paul

Post a topic
Answered
A
Aaron Paul

Sometimes when I am editing a task on my iPhone, it will glitch, erase my changes, and move the cursor to the end of the task. It's happening pretty frequently the last few weeks. Anything that can be done? I've been paying for todo premium and would really rather not switch to a different todo app (I love this one!) but I cannot function like this. Thanks!

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted about 3 years ago Admin Best Answer

You're welcome, George. I can confirm this has now been fixed so please look out for the next update in a week or two. 

0 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
A

Aaron Paul posted about 3 years ago

It was mostly fixed for me, thank you so much!

It now glitches in a much more manageable way (see attached video) where the little "completion" circle to the left of the task name goes black and it pauses for second before you can keep going. I can live with this so no need for any urgent fix but I just wanted to bring it to your attention for later updates!

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted about 3 years ago Admin

Thanks for letting us know George, if you ever see the problem coming back do let us know. 

0 Votes

G

George Vallas posted about 3 years ago

It is working for me (cannot reproduce glitch). I will post if I find any issues with the fix. Thanks

0 Votes

A

Thank you!! Happy New Year!

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Hi Aaron, thanks for spotting that, it does appear to be similar to the previous bug, I was able to reproduce it following the steps you provided. I've detailed it to our developers. 

0 Votes

A

I think it might have to do with the app syncing to the cloud? Like if I create a new task and try to edit a different task right after, I get the glitch

0 Votes

A

Hi Keno - as George said, thank you so much for your quick attention to this problem. Unfortunately, I just downloaded the update and the bug was not fixed for me :(

0 Votes

Keno Butler

You're welcome. The update was release this morning, but you'll need to go to the App Store, navigate to the update section and pull down to refresh. From there have the app updated and kindly report back if you still notice the problem. 

0 Votes

G

George Vallas posted about 3 years ago

Thank you for the update and quick turn around! Do I have to do anything special to get the update or is it automatically deployed to my device the next time I open after available? Basically, is it push or pull? Thanks!

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted about 3 years ago Admin Answer

You're welcome, George. I can confirm this has now been fixed so please look out for the next update in a week or two. 

0 Votes

G

George Vallas posted over 3 years ago

Awesome! Thank you very much for looking into and resolving the glitch with the January update; great customer service!! And thank you Aaron for sending the video capture. Have a happy new year!

0 Votes

A

Aaron Paul posted over 3 years ago

Thank you for taking care of it! Looking forward to the January update.

0 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted over 3 years ago Admin

Thanks so much for the video, Aaron. We're extremely sorry for the trouble George. Our lead iOS developer is looking into this and we'll work on having this fixed in our January update. We're sorry for all the trouble. 

0 Votes

G

George Vallas posted over 3 years ago

Any update on this issue as it is happening to me too via iPhone app. Very annoying and takes twice as long to edit a task. Only work around is to type nonsense where you place your cursor and wait for it to erase and jump to end of line (will always do it - 100% of the time) and then move your cursor again and perform real edit as it only seems to do it once per edit mode session (a few seconds after you start typing). I also started looking at other apps but I will have to say outside of glitches every now and then - some worse than others (like this one) todo is really the best task management tool out there. I am on latest iOS 14.3. Please fix this as I really want to stay with appigo. Thanks!!

0 Votes

A

Aaron Paul posted over 3 years ago

Absolutely! A sample screen recording is attached. This was an example when I had just marked a task as complete but it also happens sometimes when I had just edited a different task. Thanks for looking into it!!

1 Votes

Keno Butler

Keno Butler posted over 3 years ago Admin

Hi Aaron, I'm very sorry to hear about the problem you're having. Is there any way that you could capture this in a screen-recording and send the video to us? This will help us get to the root of the problem quicker. 

0 Votes

Login to post a comment