When Todo displays sync errors, it may be caused by a database update from a recent version of Todo Cloud 10, Todo 8, Todo 6, or Todo for Mac. You may notice sync problems in the following ways:
- Tasks created on one device do not show up on other devices. For example, a task created on an iPhone may not appear in Todo for Mac.
- Marking a task complete does not show up on other devices.
- Sync errors are displayed on the bottom status bar of Todo.
To get sync working again, you should take the following steps:
- Make sure you are using the very latest version of Todo: Todo Cloud 10, Todo 8.2.8, or Todo Cloud 10/ Todo for Mac 3.0.7.
- Choose the device with the current set of tasks. For example, if your iPhone has a complete, current set of tasks, but Todo for Mac, or Todo on the iPad is missing some tasks, do a sync from the iPhone.
- Go to the other devices and do a sync reset. This will use the latest set of tasks.
- On Todo Cloud 10 for iOS, Tap your name to go to Settings > Account > Reset Synchronization Data.
- On Todo for iOS, go to Settings > Synchronization > Advanced > Reset Synchronization Data. This is the same on Todo 6 and Todo 8.
- In Todo Cloud 10 for Mac/Windows, click on your name in the top left> Click SignOut > Re-sign into your account.
- On the older Todo for Mac app, go to Preferences > Synchronization > Reset