Todo Clouyd for iOS provides a variety of options for creating tasks. We've found that those who use all of them can Todo like the wind.
- Quick Add – The new user interface keeps task creation within a thumb's reach. Tap on the blue "+" (plus button) in the center of the menu bar. Then, quickly and easily create your Task, Project, or Checklist in one location.
- 3D Touch – If you have an iPhone that is 3D Touch-enabled, you can use 3D Touch to drop yourself right into task creation mode from your home screen.
- Voice to Task – Todo Cloud lets you add tasks using Siri! This feature is beneficial when you're on the go. Here are the instructions for setting this up.
- Email to Task – Do most of your to-do items come to your email inbox? No problem. Create tasks directly from your inbox by forwarding the email to Todo. Our system will create a task entry using the content of your forwarded email. The task title will have the email's subject, and the body of the email will show up in the Notes. Here are the instructions for setting this up.
Pro Tip: I have a contact named "Todo," so emailing tasks (whether from my desktop or phone) is a breeze. I click "Forward" and send the email to "Todo."
Where will your new tasks be?
- If you create tasks from within a custom list, your tasks will remain in that list.
- If you create tasks using the Quick Add from the main list screen, 3D touch, Voice to Task, or Email to Task, they will appear in your app's default list. Upon installing the app, this will be your inbox, but if you would like to change it, you can do so by going to Settings and selecting any of your custom lists.
- If you create a task when you are in a Smart List, it will appear in the default list of that Smart List. This will automatically be your app's default list, but you can change it in the respective Smart List's "Edit Smart List" screen. Each Smart List can have its own default if you would like them to.
Plan for time to plan
A good practice to be in is to take 10-15 minutes a day to review what tasks are current/due and adjust them accordingly. This is also a good time to schedule/organize any tasks that you've added on the go and haven't scheduled out. This is where you'll find the Quick Menu and batch editing very helpful.